EVENT & MARKETING MANAGER
The event & marketing manager provides office and on-site management for a variety of marketing projects, public relation efforts and special events related to Friends of Ballard Park and assists the executive director with fundraising activities. S/He works in concert with the executive director to ensure that Ballard Park remains a wild and natural open space for future generations by developing high caliber cultural and educational programming that encourages the local public to visit and use Ballard Park.
- Identifies, cultivates and manages relationships with current and prospective donors.
- Keeps detailed records of all event preparation and events including committee and partner meeting minutes, attendance records, attendee survey results, post mortem meeting minutes and budgets for written recaps noting attendance, problems and suggestions for the following year's event.
- Develops and implements marketing, publicity and outreach plans.
- Manage event logistics including securing needed licenses, public safety details, talent, contractors, materials, staffing and volunteers; and handles event set up and breakdown.
- Establishes partnerships with program partners, sponsors, local vendors and other organizations to ensure successful events.
- Manages fundraising database and tracking system including individual donors; sponsors/advertisers; grants and contract administration; special events and other development functions.
- Provide office support including filing, preparing/sending mailings for members and board members, inputting data to databases and compiling statistics and reports.
- Assists with the development of strategies to expand and diversify funding sources.
- Coordinate and organize special fundraising, marketing and recognition events.
Represent the organization before a variety of individuals and groups.
- Attend committee and other professional meetings.
- Detail oriented and able to forecast needs (materials, staffing, etc.) for events; essentially must be a good planner.
- Familiar with Newport.
- Skilled in written and oral communications, presentations, judgment, budgeting and comfortable making solicitations.
- Highly organized with the ability to take initiative and work independently but also be a good team player.
- Proficient on the computer including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and database software.
- Ability to relate well to the public, in person and on the telephone.
- Diplomatic, tactful, creative, discreet, flexible, resourceful, dependable, well-organized, friendly, emotionally mature and professional.
- Proven record of results and ability to meet deadlines required.
- Some weekend and evening work is expected.
- Be in good physical condition. While performing the duties of this Job, the Event & Marketing Coordinator is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, speak and hear. The position requires extensive computer use so the employee must have sufficient hand dexterity to use a computer keyboard and be capable of reading a computer screen. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and walk on trails that are uneven, dark and muddy.
- Requires the use of personal vehicles. Individuals must be physically capable of operating the vehicles safely, possess a valid driver's license and have an acceptable driving record.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal skills as well as a sense of humor, positive attitude and enthusiasm are essential.
- Bachelors degree, plus one to two of years relevant experience preferred.
Interested parties should e-mail resume, salary requirments, why you're interested in working at Friends of Ballard Park and cover letter to email@example.com. Thank you.